MATERIAL TEST GRINDING
Let us show you what we can do. Schutte-Buffalo Hammermill offers a free of charge test grinding service to prove the capabilities of our equipment.
To take advantage of this valuable service, please follow these steps:
1. Complete the Application Data Form as thoroughly as possible.
2. If applicable, an MSDS sheet should be faxed to our office at 716-855-3417.
3. Ship a “representative” sample of your material to our office:
61 Depot Street
Buffalo, NY 14206
Attn: Material Testing
In most cases we require two five gallon containers (or equivalent) of the product to be ground. If high tonnage (≥10TPH) is required, we may request a larger sample of between 20 and 55 gallons. For applications that require very small production batches we may be able to test a smaller sample. Consult our office for exact requirements. Whenever possible, please also enclose a small sample of the desired finished product.
4. Due to the volume of products we receive for testing, we require that sample products be returned to the original customer for proper disposal. Please provide our office with instructions as to how to return any un-ground portion of your product sample, specifying the carrier to be used for the return.
• FREIGHT COSTS: Testing of your material is FREE. However, we ask that customers be responsible for the cost of transporting their material samples to us, as well as the cost of returning any material. Upon completion of testing we will forward a representative sample of the resulting material to you along with a formal test report and firm price Quotation for the recommended Schutte- Buffalo Hammermill equipment. When possible we will retain a sample of your unground product pending evaluation of the initial sample returned to you. We can thus conduct additional testing should our initial sample not meet your objective. After 30 days all unground materials will be returned.
• CONTAMINATION: Our lab mills are used for several independent tests each day. While every reasonable attempt is made to clear our lab mills from any previous test materials, we cannot guarantee the return of a pure, uncontaminated sample. Our goal is to illustrate the capabilities of our equipment to produce a given size product at a specified rate of production. Please do not send material for testing if you cannot accept some degree of contamination.
• SOURCE OF SAMPLE: Occasionally we are asked by customers to obtain readily available materials locally, rather than have them shipped. Unfortunately, we cannot honor these requests. As a policy, Schutte- Buffalo Hammermill will only test materials supplied by our customer.
This testing is of critical importance for a number of reasons:
- Proves capabilities of our equipment
- Determines mill type required
- Determines the best possible configuration to promote optimal performance
- Determines horsepower requirements
- Activates Schutte -Buffalo Hammermill’s performance guarantee